did they ever

-

mikess68

Reaction score
have a hood tach, kind of like a firebird or gto. sure would look good out there with those two hood scoops on a swinger???

they made a universal hood tach called dixco. they are hard to find and expensive when in nice/working shape. I think mas makes a hood tach that looks like a buick with no logo in it there like 200+.

i see beat up dixco tachs go for 100-200. N.O.S or near it with perfectly clear lens and guarnteed to work for 300-500. i found my nos dixco hood tach a few months back for a steal at 100 shipped.

here are pics i put it on a amx.

amxwhite028.jpg

amxwhite005-1.jpg

amxwhite003-1.jpg

they made a universal hood tach called dixco. they are hard to find and expensive when in nice/working shape. I think mas makes a hood tach that looks like a buick with no logo in it there like 200+.

i see beat up dixco tachs go for 100-200. N.O.S or near it with perfectly clear lens and guarnteed to work for 300-500. i found my nos dixco hood tach a few months back for a steal at 100 shipped.

here are pics i put it on a amx.

amxwhite005-1.jpg

Wow!! That Dixco tach is awesome. Never seen anything like that. Really nice Racekilla! 8)

hey thanks, i wanted a hood tach for awile and i was gonna buy one for 150 and restore it. that one come right on ebay about midnight for 40 starting bid and i emailed guy and i told him i wanted to buy it. he said his reserve was 80 plus shipping so i sent him 100 paypal with in 10 mins of it being on ebay. 2 days later a n.o.s tach sold for 480 with the book, mounting nut and box.

i took a hat pin and ground the post off and glued a logo for amc to it. people at car shows thinks it is factory installed or dealer option

S5001744.jpg

There were actually ones offered with a pentastar logo through Direct connection out of the "Hustle stuff" catalog. Last one i saw on ebay went for $600.00(ouch)

There were actually ones offered with a pentastar logo through Direct connection out of the "Hustle stuff" catalog. Last one i saw on ebay went for $600.00(ouch)

I think you can get that faceplate through a repop program I found. Only I think its gonna run ya a good 100$ atleast for it.:angry7: Id rather grab some Etch Bath, a needle, and some silver paint and do it myself.

-
Back