Different backing plate needed?

-

VonCramp

Reaction score
I am converting to 2.5" brakes on my 'Cuda. Will I need to change my backing plates to use the later brakes?
On a different note, here is my car back together with the new springs, sure grip 3:91 rear installed. For the people that originally troubleshot the splines being off on my third member preventing the axle from going all the way in were spot on. Thanks to everyone for patiently responding and helping me through this. Let me tell you gears make a huge difference! I was originally running 2:94 open and the car had great top end. Now it pulls hard all the way through. Nothing like the feeling of getting a little sideways when I get on it in first. Now onto the bodywork. Someone hammer whipped the 1/4, but I think I can save it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 108
I am converting to 2.5" brakes on my 'Cuda. Will I need to change my backing plates to use the later brakes?

Backing plates, brake shoe width, brake drum width, all have to be used together with one another.
You upgrading to 11 inch diameter brakes?
There are 2" 2 1/2" and 3" width shoes, and correspondingly, backing plate "depth's" to be used with the shoes.

Backing plates, brake shoe width, brake drum width, all have to be used together with one another.
You upgrading to 11 inch diameter brakes?
There are 2" 2 1/2" and 3" width shoes, and correspondingly, backing plate "depth's" to be used with the shoes.
10x2.5"

-
Back