disc brake conversion

-

spencer0731

Reaction score
I took the disc brake set-up from my 74 dart sport. I installed it on my 70 Duster. I switched the upper control are, spindle and i put in new upper and lower ball joints, the large ones. It all hooked up fine. But, now my tie rod ends hit the torsion bars. The drag link hits the starter and it won't turn all the way in one direction. And, one wheel is facing in and the other one is facing out. What in the world is going on with this thing? I turned the tie rod end adjuster to get it sorta in line but, what about the rest of it. Did i need to change something else?

That sounds kinda odd to me. You said the draglink now hits. But you didn't change either the pitman or idler arm correct. Sounds like this has nothing to do with the swap just maybe a coincidence. Did by chance the get jacked up by the draglink along with the k-member? The spindle dimensions are the same along with a-arm. The only thing that's different is the ball joint size. Either that or your motor mount went ka ka, and the motor has dropped some.

-
Back