Disc brakes still not stopping good

-
Thanks. Im going to call ssbc and see what pads are available and which come in the kit.

Think I found the culprit. 4 Piston SSBC calipers barely moving out with brakes applied. Took the brake pads out. (They were pressed snugly against the rotor). Pushed the pedal and only 1 piston moved. Blocked that one and the others barely moved. I have 1400 PSI,( I finally got a gauge on it), when I push hard on the pedal. Should be ok from what Im reading. Took the calipers off and its very hard to pull the pistons out. Not sure why. The o rings are flexible, No rust, but the piston is a little sloppy in the bore with ought the o ring. Maybe they are cocking in the bore? IDK. But i think this is the problem. Any thoughts? Thinking to ditch them and go all wilwood.

Not sure the stock calipers would fit on the ssbc brackets

Not sure the stock calipers would fit on the ssbc brackets

SSBC brakes are nothing but a knock off, of Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, that the early Ford Mustangs used, and also the 65-72 A body Mopar cars.
Just a minor difference in the caliper, how the rubber flex hose, attatches to the caliper, between the Ford, and Mopar.

just a thought...are your callipers the aluminum units that
wore grooves in the rails the pads slide on?

If the piston is frozen, most likely the seal went bad and there is corrosion or contamination that is binding it up. Time to rebuild the caliper..

No rust our corrosion inside the bores at all. O rings are pliable and not brittle.

Are you the original owner?

I meant of the brakes, as in do you know their history

So it was just glazed rotors?

Oh so you replaced the calipers and rotors?

-
Back