Disc brakes to disc brakes

-

valiant1966

Reaction score
I have searched as best I can on here but can't find an answer on my own so maybe a little help.
My friend has a 70 Duster with the factory K-H disc brakes with SBP. He wants to go to LBP. Can we just get some LBP rotors from 73 and up and they will fit on his spindles or do we have to go the whole route of changing UCA, spindles and all? Thanks as always. Dennis

I did the same conversion ( KH to Willwood) on my '69 Dart. I had to purchase the complete drum setup. I used the drum spindles and I purchased new lower ball joints. As far as I can remember that's all I used from the drum setup. I also wound up buying the Willwood master cylinder as well with a universal pushrod from Stainless Steel Brake be cause I didn't like the brake performance with the stick master.

you will need spindle/rotor/UCA/calier+bracket from donor car. or you can get the rotors new for $50

will also need to upgrade the rear axles / backing plates and drums to match.

Kinda what I expected to hear. Thanks. I like the "mustang rotor" option though. I manage a machine shop so just got cheaper.

will also need to upgrade the rear axles / backing plates and drums to match
Not an issue. He has an 8 3/4 rear end.

I'm doing this swap in a couple weeks. You need LCA balljoints, UCAs, and Spindles from a 73-76 A-body.

Axles can be bought from Doctor Diff.

-
Back