Done with Magnum Swap!

-
Heres my baby now, had it going on 2 yrs. Have to take some more recent photos with the 469 in it & the 9", This is when it had the 406.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 495
Like the Rat idea,still got the Magnum powered Dart?

Nope, sold it 3 yrs. ago, just seems like yesterday i was driving it. I keep trying to tell myself i'm getting too old for these hotrods, so i sell & buy another lol, I'm looking to hold on to this one as long as possible, there getting just too expensive to build.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Cazbah362 I was drooling over your car when you were trying to sell it. Just keep it man! My Cheby buddy just bought the Chevelle so he doesn't know the specs. Iron oval port heads, cam, air gap and holley 750 DP. Cracked back is helping me get my tuning/chassis dialed in so I hope to whip the Chevelle without the juice.

I was out on the Harley today and spotted a mean sounding 69 Firebird but it was gone before I could get the Dart out.

Joe451 I like the Cutlass! I was raised into a GM family but bought my first Mopar at age 15 and got hooked!

Joe451 I like the Cutlass! I was raised into a GM family but bought my first Mopar at age 15 and got hooked!

Thanks, so was i, I got hooked about that same age with mopars, my 1st. mopar was a 70 Sport Satty with a 383 super commando, had all the options, even power windows, it was B5 blue, but it was rough, needed full resto but ran like a champ, only had 87000 miles on it. Its just time for a change after owning at least 10 mopars over the years.

Congrats on getting the car going! Looks great.

Let us know how it runs at the track!

Thanks LXguy.... and thanks for your help with this along the way. You don't happen to remember how much initial and total timing your combo liked do you?

I am waiting on some bushings for my distributor from CrackedBack. I am going to try the 14* bushing and run 22* initial which would make 36 total. Hopefully this will work without kicking my starter back. Just curious what your combo liked.

-
Back