Door Weatherstrip

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
I need new weatherstrip for my doors but none of the suppliers list it for a convertible so should I assume that the weatherstrip that fits the coupe is the same?

I need new weatherstrip for my doors but none of the suppliers list it for a convertible so should I assume that the weatherstrip that fits the coupe is the same?

you know what assuming means ............................

I believe mine are soft seal and the 2 door hardtop and convertible use the same door seal

what year and model car? it makes a difference. is it the 68 in your sig? I know the hardtop weather stripping works on a 66 dart convertible. (yeah you gotta cut it to fit the top section but it does fit and is a lot cheaper than the convertible stuff you can buy from soft seal(179.00). you do still have to order a header seal(69.00). Door weather stripping umm you can order it in a kit form (149.00 to about 300.00 depending on who/where you order it) or.... you can find a supplier that will sell you the door weather stripping windlace (2.00-3.00 a foot per 10 ft a side in black, color is a little more)and you can keep the top piece (arrow shaped sponge rubber) from your old one and glue it on to the replacement windlace. top window vent rubber is about 45.00 for both sides in a kit.
I also think that the top door/window seal I did on a friends 67 convertible was a hardtop weatherstrip seal because we did have to cut it to fit the convertible sections too. we had to buy the header seal separate also.

Ends up the door seal for the hardtop worked with a little massaging....thanks all.

-
Back