Doug Herbert Solid Roller in stroker small block?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ive been doing some research on different ways to go for camshafts and have found that Doug Herbert's Solid Roller cams are a bit more affordable than comp and the other brands around. Anybody have experiance using their camshafts? Also using thier roller lifters, what modifications will I need to do to make them work in my 67' 318 block?

This is the link to the cam Im looking at..

http://www.dougherbert.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_84_87_658&products_id=9839

Thanks. RD

No direct experience but everything I've read and heard it real good. I think Herbert is probably right on top.

Herberts is supposed to have roller rockers that are drop in, no machining or oiling mods needed, personally haven't ck'd into it due to going flat tappet.

Rickster

Ive been doing some research on different ways to go for camshafts and have found that Doug Herbert's Solid Roller cams are a bit more affordable than comp and the other brands around. Anybody have experiance using their camshafts? Also using thier roller lifters, what modifications will I need to do to make them work in my 67' 318 block?

This is the link to the cam Im looking at..

http://www.dougherbert.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_84_87_658&products_id=9839

Thanks. RD

I've been looking at their stuff too, hear good things.

.........I hope u realize that u need a supporting cast 2 run that cam......probably best suited 2 a stroker......I havent used them personally but a few ppl i know have nothing but good things 2 say about ther products........kim.............

.........I hope u realize that u need a supporting cast 2 run that cam......probably best suited 2 a stroker......I havent used them personally but a few ppl i know have nothing but good things 2 say about ther products........kim.............

Yes actually. If you read my signature, you would see that Im building a stroker.

11.8 to 12 to 1 comp, RHS headed mill. Thank you.

On second thought, Ill just build a stock-stroke, stock headed 318, put a 600 lift cam in it, and call it good.:thumblef:

i was looking at dougs cams too . i would think you would have to grind the block for clearance also install the tubes in the oil galleys. look like pretty decent grinds though. makes me wish bob at cal cams didnt move to arizona

I've been running that exact cam, and the exact roller lifters, for the last six years. No complaints from here. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the brand new 416 fired up with the same cam

-
Back