??? Dreaded Door Striker Repair ????

-

DTK

Reaction score
I would like to hear from any who have done or had done the A-Typical door striker cracking repair. I have a good idea on how I am going to attack this. However with everything there are others who may have had this done and have a better way than mine. This is how I got so smart. I ask even though I am pretty sure how to do it. :thumbup:

Damn, I am still in the process of repairing mine. But I did not take pics, camera gone to sister-in-laws for some reason.
I just welded the metal back into place then ground it down smoth. then i welded the old striker washer over that and ground that down. I still need to use filler for the small dips in the weld. I have another striker washer and striker to replace with. it looks great so far. But now I have no adjustment on the striker. I just took time and made sure I got it right. the door closes great. I just don't know how long it would last if there is more stress on it. I will try to get pics before i do any more work on it.
jeff

Here are the pics of my almost done repair. All that is left is to use filler on the welds. the door shuts great but there is no adjustment.
Jeff

105_0830.jpg

105_0831.jpg

-
Back