driveshaft

-

steve martin

Reaction score
i have a 1972 duster big block has a 727 went to the track twisted the tail shaft right off get trans rebuilt i noticed that the drive shaft is not flush with the tail shaft id say a good 3 inches away dose the shaft need to be flush with the tail shaft because i did a burn out and never got out of the water box broken u joints cracked tail shaft my car is pushing over 600 hp do i need a custom built shaft to solve my problems from rear end to tail shaft please let me know guys i dont want to spend another 850.00 in tranny work much help please

Some slip yokes are longer than others but there should enough sticking out to make up for suspension travel which I think is 1" -1.5

get a custom one made. call pst in tampa or maybe it's st pete in florida.

THIS^^^ awesome guys to work with. Called them on Thursday had a new driveshaft in hand on saturday (I'm in MD). Paid $325 for done shaft with an adapter u-joint to fit my smaller yoke. Shaft is rated for 1000hp and has a lifetime warranty. You twist the shaft they make you a new one.

THIS^^^ awesome guys to work with. Called them on Thursday had a new driveshaft in hand on saturday (I'm in MD). Paid $325 for done shaft with an adapter u-joint to fit my smaller yoke. Shaft is rated for 1000hp and has a lifetime warranty. You twist the shaft they make you a new one.

Just curious...what shaft did you get from them??

-
Back