drum brakes

-
I like rebuilding them. If the bores are in good shape, just hit them with some emery cloth clean them up and go. As I said in another thread, I would rather rebuild American metal than trust something made in a foreign land. Especially brakes. But that's just me.

It helps to have a tiny brake hone attached to your drill motor. I usually just hone em and add new rubber but that's just me.

I like rebuilding them. If the bores are in good shape, just hit them with some emery cloth clean them up and go. As I said in another thread, I would rather rebuild American metal than trust something made in a foreign land. Especially brakes. But that's just me.

I agree. Just did all four plus master this way. Mine were so frozen (car sat for 7 years before I bought it) the aluminum pistons were welded to the bore. I had to beat them out with a hammer. A little honing, and a wire wheel to the pistons and good as new. The master is still a bit iffy. Had some pitting so may be forced to replace at some point but she stops on a dime for now.

if i remember correctly, the new wheel cylinders i got for my barracuda at Napa, had made in usa stamped on them...

X2...... I agree with mopardude318, NAPA is usually where we buy most all of are part's, and the last time I was there they said they only carry the TOP OF THE LINE WHEEL CYLINDER'S ANYMORE WHICH IS THE ( UNITED BRAND) Made in USA. My cost on some for a mopar, was like 10.00 ea. or less can't remember. Good luck with your cylinder's.

-
Back