Duster frozen hood hinges

-

Freighttrain

Reaction score
So the hood opened and closed before it was taken off. After several months the hinges are froze and won’t bend to close the hood anyone felt with this before?

If I take the hinges off to work on them do I need to remove the front fender to reinstall the retaining clips for the fenders?

Thanks everyone

I'm pretty certain you must remove the fenders to get to the hinges. They are just held on with push clips, but I think they are kind of difficult to install with the fenders in place.
More than likely the hinge joints are just stuck. Soak them down with penetrating oil, I like PB'laster myself, & let it sit for a day, then work them back & forth a bit while tapping on them with a small non-marring hammer, they will probably loosen up & you won't have to remove the hinges. I've never had them freeze up myself though.

I agree with above but will add if you take off the gravel guards between the fender and the firewall you can gain access to the hinges way easier. Also at first movement of the hood go slow up and down. Lots of penetration oil- I prefer Pb blaster also.

-
Back