Duster leaf springs stock height measurement?

-

Chris1974

Reaction score
HI guys im wading through all of the options for leaf springs and would like to do business with my local spring shop. Does anyone know of a measurement for stock ride height? I talked to a gut from Eaton and he said it was just under 11" from the lowest part of the rear bumper but that is way too low. I dont know where he got that info. I did see a previous post stating the factory service manual had a measurement but I have not been able to find that. My car has some additional weight from new rear frame rails torque boxes and sub frame connectors along with a bunch of dynamat and undercoating so its a couple hundred pounds heaver than a stock 360.
Thanks for any help!

This doesn't answer your question, but Laura at ESPO springs & things KNOWS EVERYTHING about leaf springs. Easily the sharpest Vendor I've ever dealt with.

Contact: Woodward Spring Shop , Montello St., Brockton , Mass and/or Donovan Spring in Londonderry , New Hampshire . they can give the measurement of the distance from the spring eyes to the center pin . Keep in mind that /6 , v-8 , A/C and hi-po will be different .

Contact: Woodward Spring Shop , Montello St., Brockton , Mass and/or Donovan Spring in Londonderry , New Hampshire . they can give the measurement of the distance from the spring eyes to the center pin . Keep in mind that /6 , v-8 , A/C and hi-po will be different .

replaced mine on my 1970 duster i am also stock v-8 tires.i used laura at espo and highly recommend new u bolts and shackles.i chose to do a 1 inch lift which espo can do.It took a little more finesse to match shocks and sits slightly raised on spring settling.I don't think they recommend extra leaves but it is up to you.By the way ask for rubber or upgraded bushings as they are not included.I was well pleased with prices from Laura at ESPO all they do are springs and related.Joe

if you need measurements for reference my duster is 70 with auto 318 a/c springs about year old other than extra lift all stock

-
Back