Duster Twister

-

leo

Reaction score
Hi: I own a 71 Duster Twister 318 auto. with approx. 66000 original miles on it. I was quoted $15000.00 to get the body work done to turn it into a real good looking driver. Is it worth it? Does anybody know what this car would be worth if I fixed it up or is there any site that can help me out with this?
Thanks Leo

I would say $15,000 is pretty high to turn it into a "real good looking driver". If I was going to put $15,000 into just body work, I would want the thing to look better than perfect. What all does the car need? As in where is the rust on the car? As far as the value of the car in perfect condition, I would estimate it at $20,000-$25,000 since it is a 318 automatic car. Are you not interested in doing the body work yourself? It would be much cheaper.

How bad is the body that is would need 15k worth of work?

The days of getting a car painted for 2 cases of beer are long gone but $15,000 is on the high side for a driver quality exterior restoration.

When a body shop quotes a very high price it usually means that they don't want to do the job but will if you toss stupid money at them.

Get more estimates.

Seriously, if it would only retail for about the amount you are spending on the resto, does that make sense. also, it difficult to give any kind of detailed price without seeing the car in person. 15k does seem a bit high unless it is a rare and desirable car.

Hi: I own a 71 Duster Twister 318 auto. with approx. 66000 original miles on it. I was quoted $15000.00 to get the body work done to turn it into a real good looking driver. Is it worth it? Does anybody know what this car would be worth if I fixed it up or is there any site that can help me out with this?
Thanks Leo

Get more quotes. At that price the end result had better be show quality,

I agree with the other comments.
$15K would have to be a dang near show piece.

The Duster Twister is a cool car. We have a Dodge Demon Sizzler....
I think a easy 5-6 grand in resto will make it a beautiful driver car.

-RPM

$15K what sort of body work is being done for that price i hope every panel is being replaced with new metal,a real good paint job will set you back $5k alone..as for value nothing with a 318 is worth 20-25k,factory 340 car a totally different story..

-
Back