Duster .vs Twister

-

mrusty72

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1972 Duster Twister to purchase. I am not how to determine if the car is a true Twister of a Duster with Twister decals. From my research a Twister has the 340 package with a 318 engine. The car I'm looking at has a bench seat; I thought the Twisters only came with bucket seats. The hood does have the dual scoop but does not have the stripes down the middle; the hood is black and the scoops are the same color as the car. Do all Twisters have the sway bar and racing mirrors? What type of instrument panel should be in the car? I would appreciate any help!

i have an original 71 twister , someone put 340 decals and a built 340 motor in it. but it came as it is now but with out "340" on quarters & scoops , did say "twister" on quarters. it came sassy grass green with dual scoops , ladder strips on hood with black stripes on hood and gull wing on deck. its a original bench seat 4spd. car with out the original 318 motor. has 391 sure grip 8 3/4 rear. same car in my avatar. but ive seen twisters with out scoops and wing

72 did not have the scoops, and mine did had bench seats 340 car all original, minus the scoops the only thing i added, i have seen very few with the mirrors, original, last one i saw was in junk yard in the 80's

-
Back