early B 8-3/4 question...

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
I know it wouldn't be quite right as the perches are out a half inch on each side...but.... Has anyone done it, and did it effect the bushings in the ends of the springs after long term use?

If you're talking about trying to force it to fit, I'd STRONGLY suggest you done, if you even could. Suspension really isn't the place to be a cheap *** if you ask.

It will wear the upper shackle bushings quicker than normal but nothing bad for short term.

You need to go buy a chevy.

Buy a chevy????!!!!!!!????? AAAAUUURRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The above 3 or 4 comments are exactly what I told the guy. I've heard of people doing it. Just wanted the honesty of the peeps here to back me up on my reasons for not doing it. I love you guys - LOL

Early-B body rears have drums on them that need a puller to get them off, and axles are different and have a large bolt in the center...not very deseriable...what year rear is it?

It was just the housing. Don't know the year. Could have gotten it for 60 bucks. I passed on it.

Your just as well passing on it. Not only isn't it a good thing to spread the leaf springs to make it bolt in but later axles won't fit in it so the only way you could have made it work is to, 1. buy a set of old style axles, brakes, and drums or 2. cut the ends off and have newer style ends welded on.

-
Back