Ebay dilemma...HELP!

-
Right now I have perfect feedback and I`m almost certain that if I don`t refund his money (no matter what the P.O. did/does) that he`ll give me a negative feedback. It`s a buyers responsibility to opt for insurance and the carriers responsibility to deliver the item intact. I offered him UPS as a carrier, which automatically insures up to $100.00 but they were a dollar more and he decided not to use them. It`s an inequity that (although it`s out of my hands once I`ve shipped the item) he can give me negative feedback for what the carrier did and I cannot give him negative feedback. I feel absolutely powerless. I`m between a rock and a hard place, I guess all I can do for now is hope that the post office will honor the insurance claim.

I wouldn't worry about the one negative feedback, I don't think people pay as much attention to it as they used to, esp since the system is all screwed up. Have you noticed that feedback is only good for 12 months now? You can get two dozen negatives, 12 months later get 1 positive and you've got 100% positive feedback again. Ebay has rendered the feedback system pretty much useless.

If you offered insurance at time of shipping, and buyer declined, then buyer is SOL. I recv orders daily from UPS / Puro / FedEx et al, and when I see the drivers walking over boxes strewn across the floor of their truck, it's a wonder anything makes it through. Worse for the post office haha.. obviously you have never been in THEIR sorting facilities.

What I would do though, is from now on have pics of all products during packaging, and pic of box. Also would get the buyer to sign a waiver if they decline additional insurance.

My definition of minty, used, worn and trashed are certainly different than yours :)

Grant

-
Back