Eddie carb diagram request

-

XakEp

Reaction score
I need a diagram of what ports are on an eddie carb so I can make sure my dumb *** hooked all the hoses up to the right ports. ANyone have anything useful?

Front - Center port. Can be used for pcv valve. Rear - Centered - Threaded on the back of the carb can be used for pcv or power brakes. If neither, plugged. Front, drivers side port can be used for full manifold vacuum advance. Passenger side is ported (no pull at idle) for vacuum advance. Kinda have to see which side your engine likes if you run vac advance, mine preffered full manifold.

Remember I mention I was a dumbass? Yeah... Its a Canister Evap port. I'll just cap it off.

Sooo... Did some more looking today. The car started up briefly, idled rough then died. Couldnt get it started after that. I found that the fuel filter is leaking alot. Would that cause that condition? I'll be swapping it out, but I was wondering if a vacuum leak would cause that too.

Fuel filter is leaky? could be clogged? could also be allowing the fuel pump to suck air and not fuel (depending where your filter is) You should replace it with a clear plastic (not glass!) fuel filter, fram, purolator, etc, etc all make them at most any parts store so you can monitor your setup. After it died, did you give it throttle (ignition/engine off) while looking down the carb to see if it had gas going to it?

That large slanted hose barb is a float bowl vent that gets hooked to the charcoal canister if you have one. Just put a plug on it if you do not have or are not going to use a charcoal canister.

Chuck

Ok, replaced the fuel filter, and it starts. Idles for about 30 seconds, then dies. Wont start immediately, have to let it sit for a few minutes. Ideas? I have no idea where to go from here. I know the accelerator pump is working, so thats not it. Its definitely getting gas.

floats might be too low. many times that i put a NEW eddy carb on a car, the floats are out of whack from shipping and bouncing around. i do it on every new eddy and so far all have been out of whack. if you keep your foot on the throttle and pump it every few seconds, does it stay on or die?

redfastback said:
floats might be too low. many times that i put a NEW eddy carb on a car, the floats are out of whack from shipping and bouncing around. i do it on every new eddy and so far all have been out of whack. if you keep your foot on the throttle and pump it every few seconds, does it stay on or die?

It will die.

Sounds like it is running out of gas.

Could be a vacuum leak as well.Make sure your carb is tight,and all unnecessary ports are plugged with new plugs.I have 2 cars with Eddies on them,and both of them hook up to the passenger side port of the carb for the distributor.

I have had the same problem getting the car started after taking the carb off.You need to get the car to run for a minute to get the fuel lines,filter,carb full of gas and any air out of the system.Pour a little gas in the carb to get it running.

Hope this helps.

Ha ha! A float was sticking. Was able to take it for a spin around the block, and its pretty pathetic down low. We're going to rebuild it tomorrow and see if that helps. Anything I should look out for? Would a problem with the floats make it run like *** down low and have poor throttle response?

yes, the float drop should be 15/16-1", the float level should be 7/16". at this setting, these carbs run great. this is a detrimental setting. take your time.

-
Back