Edelbrock Victor Max??

-

GonnaBQuick

Reaction score
short block is due back for Watson racing next week. trying to decide on heads. My guy putting the engine together is leaning toward the victor max head (bare) good choice?? I have a 400 BB eagle stroker kit 498 cam will be in 680 lift ball park. Are there some better head/intake choices i can make as opposed to Edelbrock head/intake. my builder says if I dont slow my roll on what I'm wanting to do to engine I will just end up having to de-tune the engine to get it down the track. He is a stock/superstock guys so he is used to staying within NHRA guideline for a particular class. those wont apply to me (bracket only) So I'm thinking (punch this F****er out) the engine that is. Any feedback appreciated. Oh yeah I am the type of guy that if it runs 11's I will be looking for 10's if it runs 10's I will drop $$ till I'm in the 9's so figure might as well start with 9's as a goal and Maybe leave it alone

short block is due back for Watson racing next week. trying to decide on heads. My guy putting the engine together is leaning toward the victor max head (bare) good choice?? I have a 400 BB eagle stroker kit 498 cam will be in 680 lift ball park. Are there some better head/intake choices i can make as opposed to Edelbrock head/intake. my builder says if I dont slow my roll on what I'm wanting to do to engine I will just end up having to de-tune the engine to get it down the track. He is a stock/superstock guys so he is used to staying within NHRA guideline for a particular class. those wont apply to me (bracket only) So I'm thinking (punch this F****er out) the engine that is. Any feedback appreciated. Oh yeah I am the type of guy that if it runs 11's I will be looking for 10's if it runs 10's I will drop $$ till I'm in the 9's so figure might as well start with 9's as a goal and Maybe leave it alone

A Max Wedge port head/intake should get you where you're talking about, pretty easy imo. You could always pony up the cash and go B-1 too, though. Definitely more room to grow, maybe more than you want. You'll probably get a million different opinions, so ultimately it's your choice. Just remember, everything else has to work together too, for the combination to be optimized. And you didn't give us a full list of your combo.

-
Back