Email From AMD-Mailing List Breached

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
You may have gotten the following from AMD, but if not here it is
Dear Valued Customer,

It has come to our attention that an unauthorized email has been circulated, impersonating AMD, and targeting our newsletter database. This email did not originate from our systems and was sent by a unknown third party.

Please be aware that this email may appear legitimate but is not associated with AMD in any way. We urge you to exercise caution and not to click on any links or download any attachments from this suspicious email. If you have already interacted with the email, we recommend running a security scan on your device and changing your passwords as a precautionary measure.

We want to assure you that the security of your information is of utmost importance to us. We are actively investigating this incident with high priority.

It appears that the email is currently coming from a fake account [email protected] This is a tell-tale sign that it is an unauthorized email and please be aware that any official email from AMD will have our URL in the email such as: [email protected]

For your safety, here are a few tips to help you identify legitimate communications from AMD:

• Check the email address of the sender to ensure it ends with "@autometaldirect.com."
  • Look for spelling or grammatical errors, which are often present in phishing attempts.
  • Verify any suspicious emails by contacting us directly through our official channels.
  • Please stay vigilant against any email that seems unusual, especially those requesting personal information or prompting you to take immediate action.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding this incident or your account security, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding and cooperation in keeping our community safe.

Sincerely,

AMD Security Team

So the email I got saying reproduction second gen Barracuda fenders and doors wasn't legit? And ever since I clicked on link laptop has a virus?

I never ever open a link inside an email, that’s a disaster waiting to happen.

-
Back