Energy Suspension

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
I'm going to buy polyurethane bushings in the next day or two so I can put this disk brake setup on and I saw a kit from Energy for $127 on Ebay. Is this a reputable company? Has anybody used their HYPER-FLEX stuff? If not, any suggestions?

i have used energy bushings on my jeeps for years,great stuff. i recently started running them on my duster in the leafs. they squeak a little,but the performance gain is worth it.

i have used energy bushings on my jeeps for years,great stuff. i recently started running them on my duster in the leafs. they squeak a little,but the performance gain is worth it.

Thanks. I suppose I could give 'em a shot of white lithium grease to keep the noise down.

Maybe some discount codes will interest you?

http://promocode-2010.com/energy-suspension-parts/promo-code/

I'm not going to get all sloppy on you Raleigh but out of 17,000+ members on this site, you are the only one I've ever had a problem with. I'm willing to put that aside and start fresh for 2011. Merry Christmas.

That's mighty white of you, Leanna. So you know, I never considered our little tiff a problem, per se. My brakes went out again. That's a problem. My dog coughed up a human finger. That's a problem. I'm easier than a prom queen with a belly full of rufies and hold no grudges. Merry Christmas to you, too.

Energy Suspension has been around for a very long time.

So has FoMoCo, but I'd rather push my Plymouth than be caught dead in a Ford.:toothy10:

I've used them on all my past projects (Ford, GM) bought a complete bushing kit from them for my Duster, then bought the PST front end bushing kit (because it had the tie rod, ball joints, etc...). I've never had a problem with the Energy Suspension. That being said, every other company out there only gives you a rubber bushing for you lower control arm while energy suspension gives you a poly. I have no idea why that is though, maybe someone here knows why.

PST is a vendor here so there may be other discounts offered as well.

It would have to be a very significant discount. I just priced the Energy Suspension graphite impregnated polyurethne bushing set (including rear spring and shackle bushings and the poly LCA bushings, which PST doesn't offer), Moog ball joints and Monroe gas shocks for all 4 corners (all on Ebay). All that together was still less than PST's polygraphite front end kit (about $270).

You fellas seem to be pretty confident in Energy's product, so I'll go that route.

A heads up on urethane strut rod bushings;

After I purchased the Energy Suspension kit for my Duster I found out all urethane strut rod bushings are based on 66-72 "B" bodies and push the lower control arm back too far on most "A" bodies so I bought stock rubber replacements.

When I bought my tie rods from Dick Ross, I asked him if I needed his adjustable strut rod to go with the urethane. His candid answer was to check my urethane ones against stock "A" body replacements to see where I was at. If they were indeed too thick and I had access to a lathe I might be able to cut down the urethane pieces to stock "A" body dimensions.

While I love the look of his adjustable strut rods, I do have access to a small lathe of my neighbor's that would do the job, so I might try that first and spend the money on his tubular upper control arms instead. If I screw them up I still have the rubber ones to fall back on.

Firm Feel's web site talks about the bushing problem in the section on the "A" body strut rod.

You might want to check with Energy Suspension on the A body strut rod bushings.
A few years ago the did some prototype work with my Valiant. I don't know if they ever came out with a production run on them, though.

I've used both Energy and PST bushings on Darts. Both do the job, but IMO the PST polygraphite is a better quality product.

"That being said, every other company out there only gives you a rubber bushing for you lower control arm while energy suspension gives you a poly. I have no idea why that is though, maybe someone here knows why. "

Having a poly LCA bushing can produce a harsh ride. Putting in live rubber gives it a bit more cushion at very little loss of crisp handling.

I may have watched too many episodes of Top Gear and could be over-analyzing the suspension in a 35-year-old 4 door car, but do the different bushing materials change the way the system components work together?

I may have watched too many episodes of Top Gear and could be over-analyzing the suspension in a 35-year-old 4 door car, but do the different bushing materials change the way the system components work together?

Short answer to the question is NO. Control arms still hold wheels and brakes to body while allowing them to go up and down.

Changing the materials do affect the "feel" of the driving experience. Even if you're replacing worn out rubber bushings with new ones, you'll be able to tell the difference.

Short answer to the question is NO. Control arms still hold wheels and brakes to body while allowing them to go up and down.

Changing the materials do affect the "feel" of the driving experience. Even if you're replacing worn out rubber bushings with new ones, you'll be able to tell the difference.

I gotta be honest, I'm having a hard time focusing. That avatar is creepin' me the hell out.

-
Back