Engine and Trans rebuild shop recommendation, SE MI

-

Stepper

Reaction score
Anyone recommend good shops for having my 400 and 727 rebuilt?

I live in Berkley, MI and had spoken to Booth Aarons (sp?) but they closed for some reason.

So, now I'm looking for any recommendations that anyone may have, especially if you've used the place yourself.

Thanks,
Stepper

For your 727 I recommend:

USA Transmissions
11900 Middlebelt
Livonia, MI
734-458-1396

ask for Alan.

He is the ONLY guy that I use for transmissions. In over 30 years of building Mopars HE IS THE ONLY GUY THAT GETS THE KICKDOWN RIGHT! I have used others, and the trans will either upshift too early or too late (and also have durability issues). When he rebuilds the transmission the kickdown works perfect. He has fixed transmissions for me that other "expert" trans guys have messed up. I have been using him for over 20 years now and not gotten a bad trans from him yet. I haven't had to have one fixed that he has rebuilt and I have driven some over 100k miles. I have moved to Chicago and still bring all my transmission and axle work to him.

Tell him Karl sent you (the Mopar guy). If you want the best, also tell him to do the shift kit with the heavy duty (Blue Line Friction Clutches).

Take I-96 to Middlebelt south. He is in the strip mall before the McDonalds just before Plymouth road (no pun intended).

Be honest with him if you are ging to race it, He will tell you how it will have to be built to hold up to your application. I GUARANTEE YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED WITH HIS WORK. He is very reasonably priced, especially if you carry the trans/axle into him. Like I stated before, I still bring my parts to him from Chicago, he's that good.

R C Trans and Gear
4839 Fernlee
Royal Oak,MI
248 288 5575

Randy is a Mopar guy, does great work and he stands by what he does.

Hello, I live in Howell, there is a shop here called Thermans ( Mopar Guy ).
Call me and I can get you the number, he's only a few blocks from my house and I can run up there and get the number.
My number is 517-548-3172
Richard

-
Back