exhaust kit for my 69 Dart

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hey guys I was hopeing that for now i could just buy some mufflers and some pipe and run duels.problim is from the headers stright pipe will hit the crossmember,so I now would have to take it to a shop for them to bend them up or is there a kit i could get that is prebent to fit.I would like to get for now pipes from the headers to mufflers and laiter on get tail pipes.Would like 2/1/2 inch pipe Anyone got some sites or is there someone here that is avender that cabn help.Thanks.PS I need to get this quit down just had a visit for our locar police seam like a nabiour does not like the sound of open headers lol.

Here's what I did. I went to Canadian Tire, bought 4 45* bends, a couple lengths of straight pipe, clamps, hangers...
This was 15 years, I was 19 and couldn't afford a custom job. It's not pretty, but it has held up all these years.

Note, the mufflers and tailpipes are more recent in pic. This will get you running.:thumblef:

EDIT: I think I'm wrong on the degree of the bends. I remember being in the exhaust aisle, fitting pipes together, and trying to visualize the underside of the car. I got LUCKY, and managed to clear the trans x-member very nicely!

IMG_0061 (Small).JPG

IMG_0055 (Small).JPG

Hey man i bought the Pypes kit for 389 from summit it comes fully ready to go with an x pipe header back. It is all pre bent with the mufflers
I haven't installed it yet but it looks like it should go in fine.

thanks 6dart9 I have been to summits site and all i see is a kit that has no mufflers and exits out in front of the rear tires.I want tail pipes.Would you mind telling more about what you have and a part number .Thanks your a big help.

Ya I aready talk to the guy but not sure about 3 inch pipes that is what his kit is.He is going to Moparfeast thay wont last.Thanks for the tip tho.

I just ordered the headers back kit from summit, they have it on sale for $188

-
Back