Fabricating a pistol grip for 68 a body w console

-

jdprdise

Reaction score
So I've been kicking the idea around and I wanted to see if anyone has done it or researched it. I have a 68 Dart GTS, original 340 4-speed with a console. The car has an inland shifter in. I'm in the process of buying one of Brewers hurst mechanisms that accept the shifter handle but in the process got to thinking would it be possible
To cut the inland shifter off and weld and e body pistol grip to it in between the console and the floor? I received 2 shifters with the car so one is staying original to put back in the car but the idea seems sound at least. So please if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

Never know, til Ya try. Sounds like it will look slick. It all depends on getting the right angle of the dangle so you've got a comfortable grip and throw. Can't get more custom than that. Good luck.

If you are going to buy a pistol grip unit, I'd leave it alone and buy the hurst mechanism to put it into.

Even if you have to weld an L bracket on to it to get it to fit your console correctly, I'd still recommend the entire Hurst shifter setup, over that Inland.

-
Back