Factory MoonRoof Parts??

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
My '75 dart has the factory moonroof, but it doesn't work. I removed the entire assembly so that I could troubleshoot it. It appears the springs are kinked and will not pass through the hand crank mechanism. I have faith I can fix it if I can get replacement parts.

Does anyone know where I can get parts for these things?

I have a specialty shop that said they can repair it, but they want $75 just to look at it. Plus I'd prefer to do it myself so that I can do all the bodywork on the panel before the new weather stripping and such goes on.

i don't know why but i seem to recall someone on here saying that the early cordobas, and chargers 75-77 are interchangeable. rumblefish may know this. i just can't remember...

I have a '77 Cordoba with a manual crank roof. Knowing how Chrysler liked to save production cost by sharing parts I would bet that all of the manual roofs of the 70's are interchangable. But I would be interested to know if they are for sure interchangable.

Normally the cables are ok and problem is in the crank gear or retainer. Clean, inspect and lube everything. If it's binding up try it without the inside cover panel as it may be causing the bind.

I have bought NOS and good used parts from www.arizonaparts.com in the past.

A-body parts aren't interchangeable with others I don't believe. New cable assemblies are hard to find also if you need them. Try to find a donor assembly with good parts.

Good luck and be patient. It took me around 2 years to re-do my sunroof so it worked properly. :love4:

-
Back