Fan Clutch Part Numbers

-

cosworth

Reaction score
I need help determining the correct part number for a short fan clutch approx 2-1/2 or 2-7/8 inches deep. Local part houses have brought in several different ones but they are all to deep to fit my 72 duster with a 318. All are slightly over 3" deep.

Hayden # 2765 is the shortest one....It's for Jag XJ6 4.0 liter.
Just went through this and it works perfect

Pete

Thanks for the help!!!

All the part houses had given up and refused to look into the issue any further.

I went with non clutch because I couldnt find a correct clutch that would fit. I don't understand why mopar suggests viscous clutch because there is no way it will fit using a stock rad. I guess they are made for B-bodies or something. Let us know how the Hayden 2765 works. I want to get rid of the non clutch fan eventually. My problem however is I have slightly thicker aluminum rad so I might be out of the woods yet.

The car I have been working on is a 70 Dart340 with an Afco aluminum
Radiator. I only had a little over 3 1/4" between the waterpump flange and the
Radiator core. With the Mopar clutch I had very little clearance1/8" .
With th JAG clutch I have 7/8" clearance to the core.
Definitely a problem solver.

The Hayden part number suggested does work, it pulls the fan back a little but is still 1-1/2 into the shroud so should be just fine. Just gotta make sure to snug all the bolts down evenly!

What motor are you running? My 273 Commando has a 4in spacer between the fan and the pulley, with plenty of clearance to a 68 340 radiator (I used to run an original 383 rad) -- I would think any kind of clutch would fit in there, replacing the spacer. I was just looking into the MP clutch, as it was suggested that my 7-blade fan (also from a 383) was probably robbing power. No question there -- at fast idle it's like standing next to a helicopter.

I went with non clutch because I couldnt find a correct clutch that would fit. I don't understand why mopar suggests viscous clutch because there is no way it will fit using a stock rad. I guess they are made for B-bodies or something. Let us know how the Hayden 2765 works. I want to get rid of the non clutch fan eventually. My problem however is I have slightly thicker aluminum rad so I might be out of the woods yet.

What motor are you running? My 273 Commando has a 4in spacer between the fan and the pulley, with plenty of clearance to a 68 340 radiator (I used to run an original 383 rad) -- I would think any kind of clutch would fit in there, replacing the spacer. I was just looking into the MP clutch, as it was suggested that my 7-blade fan (also from a 383) was probably robbing power. No question there -- at fast idle it's like standing next to a helicopter.

360, late model water pump, alumin rad,March pulley (1/4" thick)

-
Back