Fan shroud options for a 66 Barracuda

-

willyj

Reaction score
Im looking to find a shroud to go on my current radiator (stock with a 273) or is there an upgraded better cooling aftermarket radiator shroud combo.

I am putting a 360 in the car that is bored .060 over. I am worried about it running a little to hot. I am not against running electric fans but would like a nice neat looking set up.

Wondering who has used what on there cars and how it came out.

Original '64-66 Barracuda shroud looks like this. They are two piece metal and quite rare, quite often showing up missing the brackets. I made my own brackets. There's a slant 6 version which does not fit the 22" rad, so be aware of what you're buying.

shroud.jpg

I need one for my 65...saw a couple on ebay go for $300 plus...I think I'll make one.

They are very rare. I got a minty 22 inch 1966 Barracuda metal 2 piece schroud with brackets on ebay "but it now" price for $80! I rebuilt my stock 2 core 1966 radiator with a "high flow" core, flows the same as a 3 core but uses the stock tanks. I also run a Flow Kooler water pump and the stock 4 blade fan. I bought another 66 Cuda metal shroud on ebay for $40, this guy didn't list it very good, just listed it as "mopar metal schroud", not many bids and I got it cheap. I would sell it but my dad needs one for his 66 Cuda. I bid on a couple on ebay before I got mine, one sold for $245 and the other sold for $285! They are out there if you have the patience to look! Here are some pictures of mine.

Picture 212.jpg

Picture 254.jpg

Any chance I could get some detailed pics and measurements of one of the ones you have?

Could be a good project for my local fabricator.... `

I am not certain this would work for you, but the 1968 - 1969 Dart V-8 with factory A/C and factory max cooling option, used a rare but effective fan shroud, part #2785614. This shroud is now being reproduced in the aftermarket for $150, which is a bargain compared to the prices of the original part ($300+ at Carlisle).

The 2785614 fits perfectly to the 22" v-8 radiator.

Someone on this board purchased one of the repops and is happy with the part.

My 1969 340 Swinger with factory A/C had this shroud and this car ran cool.

They are very rare.

That's the truth. It's taken me over 2 years to find the 2 I have (which I'll need for the 340 going in my 65 Dart wagon and 65 Dart convert. I did a lot of metal fabrication when I worked in a restoration shop and if I had the sheet metal brake I had then, I think I could probably make a set or two or three.

My shroud is out of my car right now, because of the accident. I won't be putting it back in because I couldn't find the right 16" 6 blade fan. I was able to get an 18" flex fan from a friend, so I'm going to use that for now.....the shroud will go on the shelf for now, until I get the right fan.

I could take a tracing of it onto cardboard or something, would that work?

I could take a tracing of it onto cardboard or something, would that work?

As I have 2 of the ones for a 22 inch radiator, I might disassemble one of them and see what I can do. Biggest problem is finding the time (working on my project Dart wagon, putting a 273/235 motor together for the 65 Barracuda and getting my RHD Jeep back on the road - part-time rural mail carrier). And can't forget wife's little "projects".

-
Back