fender badges

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys,I would like to install my Dart badges on my left and right front fenders now.when the body guy did his thing he couvered over thoes holes with filler or high solid primer.So I cant see were the holes are.If I look on the inside of the fenders there is something push through.what could I use to push that out from behind enough so i could poke the holes clean to install the badges,bear in mind there is not much room to slide my hand between the door and fender.Thanks,someone mush of had this issue befor.

No I have not thought of that,because I have the org ones.what I have been doing is you all know were theres flat black in the inlay,well I have painted them all white so they match my white stripe and white int.I may have to reach in there with a bent 90 degree thin screw driver to pook the hole.

That's a bummer. I went through this once. Be careful about pushing body filler back through the hole. It may spall out on the visible side.

What I did was to break off the "lug" of body filler off inside the fender. Then I pushed a stick pin through the hole from the back. I put masking tape over the pin hole and then pushed the pin through the hole from the outside. The masking tape helps minimize paint spall later on.

I then chucked up a drill bit about the size of the pins on the logo. Using the pin hole as a guide, I used the drill at a medium speed from the front. I let the drill bit move around so as not to be cutting metal. Once through the fender, I carefully wiggled the drill around a little to clear the hole of filler. Once satisfied the holes are as good as they're going to be, carefully remove the tape.

Take your time. Hope this helps.

Before you mount the emblem, use a little touch-up paint to seal the edges of the drilled holes.

Helps keep corrosion away.

-
Back