Fenderwell header kits - who makes 'em?

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
I am going to get a set of fenderwell headers fabricated locally to fit my Indy 440-1 headed RB. This is because I want to be sure they fit my chassis (clearing the snout bars and snugging to the firewall) and because I need them to fit the 440-1 CNC 325 ex ports.

Anybody know of a 2 1/4 primary tube header kit for fenderwells?

To my knowledge, there are none, but I'm new to the Mopar world, so don't take that as gospel. You'll probably have to buy header flanges and collectors with a bunch of mandrel bent J's, U's, straight pieces and fit them all together. rather tedious, but worth it if you've got the motor that'll take advantage of it. I bought a set of the "Pro-Parts" headers that are being reproduced now and hacked 'em up a bit to fit my application. They're 2" stepped to 2 1/8".

In post #19, I put up some pics of them mocked up before any real cutting took place.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=146465

It looks like I will have to make a set of custom headers using 2 1/4" tubing as that is what Indy sells flanges for. The D shaped ex ports on the 440-1 CNC 325 heads are 2" wide so 2" tubing with a 0.048 wall would stick out into the flow. Tubular Automotive also sells the various pieces.

I am going to get a set of fenderwell headers fabricated locally to fit my Indy 440-1 headed RB. This is because I want to be sure they fit my chassis (clearing the snout bars and snugging to the firewall) and because I need them to fit the 440-1 CNC 325 ex ports.

Anybody know of a 2 1/4 primary tube header kit for fenderwells?

I have 2 2-1/8th TTI proparts ones that were modified to fit 440-1s / RB block

(partial fenderwell style)

-
Back