Project Big Block 74

-
Yep....I took them off too. I blasted the bumpers and painted them body color. I found those lenses on eBay from Mexico to replace.
I had the same plan actually right down to the Mexican lenses but I can't find them on eBay anymore

I had the same plan actually right down to the Mexican lenses but I can't find them on eBay anymore
Found those Mexican lenses they are one the way!! Not much time for the car right now been working a lot .
However did manage to get front and rear shocks replaced just got a call today my seats are finished and carpet has been delivered also picked up some new headlights I think they look pretty good changes the look a bit.
Slowly plugging away when the time is available and will keep posting
I LOVE THIS CAR

IMAG3487_1.jpg

IMAG3486.jpg

IMAG3478.jpg

IMAG3474.jpg

welcome aboard. Glad to see another beak car getting back out there.
2 things i can think of for advice.
1: Tailights, if yours are cracked or damaged, keep an eye out at all times for a good set, they rarely come up but when they do, they are pricey.
2: check the area behind the bumper shock mounts on the rear, over time the bumper shocks leak and rust forms behind where they bolt to the frame. Seen this on many a 74.

As mentioned above ,you already have a good start with the discs and i'm assuming an 8.25 rear. thatll save you about 1000 right there.
You are correct 8.25 unfortunately it's the 2:45 carrier so apparently I'm looking for a rear end

You are correct 8.25 unfortunately it's the 2:45 carrier so apparently I'm looking for a rear end
unless you're gonna go crazy on the HP, the 8.25 regardless of carrier will do just fine more than likely for you.

I hear you on gear ratio, but you gotta remember this car was built at a time when gas prices and fuel economy dominated. It was all about emissions and mpg. I read the posts on Tail lenses, etc. I buy interior plastic, tail lenses, and tail panels every time I see them...will more than likely sell my car this year since I am finishing the Demon and will need garage space. If I do....you will see stuff for sale!

Seats came back today they came out pretty decent still need to paint and clean up the plastic bit but what an improvement

IMAG3432.jpg

IMAG3509.jpg

Plush baby. Love the offsetting color. I used rustoleum paint for plastic on mine. I'd all the interior with it. Still no issues after 4 years

Plush baby. Love the offsetting color. I used rustoleum paint for plastic on mine. I'd all the interior with it. Still no issues after 4 years
Four years that's pretty good I have been planning on some painting for the interior so if it's lasting that long that's likely the route I will take

Yep...and I stick my arm all over the driver's side. What I need are the little plastic chrome knobs on the seat lever.

IMG_0511.JPG

I also picked up some black carbon fiber vinyl for all the old wood looking parts in the interior like gauge cluster door panels and such I have two weeks off work so I'm hoping to make some decent progress here

IMAG3508.jpg

My suggestion is to strip it down bare, degrease it, then apply decals. You will have much better results. I used it on my 72 Swinger and my Demon. Take your time and be patient. I used cereal box cardboard to protect bezel lenses.

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

No it's all good. Just trying to help you out. Not saying it's right, but it's how I got it done. I have three cars on here, did them each differently. When you see my Demon you'll know why I liked your interior color choice.

No it's all good. Just trying to help you out. Not saying it's right, but it's how I got it done. I have three cars on here, did them each differently. When you see my Demon you'll know why I liked your interior color choice.
Just had a look man that's a nice car stands out great colors

Probably going to get some flack on this one but the lines and shape seem to work and my hood is beat up underneath so I'm going to try this scoop not mounted yet opinions are welcome but maybe not appreciated haha

IMG_20170405_095306_710.jpg

I think if you move it forward about 4-6 inches and consider some stripes or bring the body color across a portion of the hood it will work.

IMG_0513.JPG

I think if you move it forward about 4-6 inches and consider some stripes or bring the body color across a portion of the hood it will work.

View attachment 1715035569
Thanks for the advice I was thinking it should come forward a bit and the car will be all black but was going for red pinstripes on the side just not sure which body line to follow the centerline on the bumper follows the body I thought maybe taking that route red stripe bumper to back

I have a double black pinstripe at the dividing line between paint colors that follows the upper body line. These cars have the belt line next that is straight. The lower line is not. I am sure somewhere in my 74 thread there is a good side pic. Just take a picture from the side and upload into so,thing that will let you draw the red line on the car. Then you can see. The center of the headlight begins that line. I think the lower one eventually slants at the rear of the car.

IMG_0052.JPG

Yeah that's the belt line. I think you will like it. I thought you were going to follow the lower one. I did my Demon grill that way if you want to see that.

Probably going to change the red parts to black not sure yet
I will see how it looks as I go
sure stands out though

IMAG3511.jpg

IMAG3512.jpg

-
Back