floating housing mods

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So I was thinking about caltrac bars and a floating axle. There have been some report of harsh ride when using caltracs.Im thinking this is due to binding like you would get from ladder bars that have no floating axle mods.

Cant see an issue with doing this.

Whatcha think?

the way I have seen the caltracs design, it seems that it would negate the use of "floaters" on t he leaves. {due to the design of the front hanger} ( I am not an engineer or nothin')..My theory; when the axle would "torque up" it would just have a tendency to push the axle on the floater. Floaters only do one thing, they let the axle move back and forth on the leaf. The axle needs to be mounted pretty much solidly somewhere to use them becase they negate the "locating" function of spring ....but if any one has done this, I'd like to know.........Hey, if your gonna use the floaters, might as well use real ladder bars OR a four link. (congrats, not many guys have ever heard of floaters....I think there kind of "old school"....I like 'em!!)

There are different types of floaters used in circle track race car and are used for 4 bar, 3 bar z link which are tuned to allow rear steer through the turns, there is also a floater used to mount leafsprings and ladder bar but that seems like nonsense in todays technology

-
Back