Floor-mounted shifter steering column options

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am preparing to change from a column shifter to a floor-mounted shifter on my 66 automatic barracuda. As part of the project, changing the steering column to one without the shaft tube lever would free up space – especially for header fitment. And some other benefits in that tight area.

I’ve made some effort to locate a factory floor shift column to little success. The ones I’ve found are a little too rough, especially for the asking price. So, I’ve been looking at Flaming River. I couldn’t find any other options, happy to hear what others have used.

Has anyone used a flaming river steering column? Any electrical or wiring issues? And of course, any fitment issues? Looking at the manual box non-key column

Mopar Floor Shift Tilt Column: Manual Box - Black Powdercoat Finish

Thanks for the help

I think those will work better in 67-72 mopars than the early A's. Not that it can't be used, but it will definitely not be any kind of bolt in.

I would just put a want ad up for an early column. You really only need the tube and collar. Just swap everything over from your old column. That's what I did for my Dart wagon automatic transmission conversion.

-
Back