flowed my magnum heads for my 360 build.

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Hey all! finally finished up my magnum heads. Stock castings, ebay stainless valves, stock valve size. Good 3 angle valve job on the intake, only 2 angle on exhaust. Anyways did some cleanup on the pockets, a little on the pushrod pinch, and guide boss. opened up the small exhaust port a little, had a tough time with the short turn on the exhaust, didn't respond well. Did some minor de-shrouding in the chamber didn't want to drop the cr. I think they respond very well with the work done.
These are my #s at 28" cfm rounded to nearest #.

lift Int ext
.100 69 60
.200 138 118
.300 199 155
.400 222 170
.450 239 181
.500 248 183
.550 252 183

These heads are going on my .030 360, compression will be 9 to 1
cam is xe262, will be using 1.6 ratio rockers so lift will be lift will be .493
.501. air-gap intake, the heads above, 650 holley, long tube 1 5/8 headers.
I think it will make close to 350 hp 400 ftlb, what do you guys think?

These heads are going on my .030 360, compression will be 9 to 1cam is xe262, will be using 1.6 ratio rockers so lift will be lift will be .493 .501. air-gap intake, the heads above, 650 holley, long tube 1 5/8 headers.I think it will make close to 350 hp 400 ftlb, what do you guys think?

Im running almost the exact same engine. Except I have a XE268 cam and at the time a 600 eddy. At the dyno I was at 262 RWHP and 308 torque. Figure you loose about 25% thru the drivetrain. So about 328HP at the engine.

I also did not have my heads ported out at all. So you very well could hit your number IMO.

Curious what plugs are you going to run?

Well your numbers give me hope! Anyways the plugs I have are Motorcraft SP445, not sure if they are correct or not.

I don't think you'll have a problem hitting those numbers. In fact i reckon you'll go closer to 400hp.

Can you post some pics of the head and the port job??????

Thanks.................................PETE ............................

350HP should be cake with those heads.

As long as your compression really is 9:1 and not just "parts book says 9:1"
you should top 350 pretty easily.

Can you post some pics of the head and the port job??????

Thanks.................................PETE ............................

If you guys are interested I could do a little right up with pics.

Frosty,did one port. Very interesting. Need to follow the port, not necessarily standard LA.porting techniques...

Sounds good, I only took a few during the porting, but I will disassemble the heads and take pics, of what was done.
Couple things I did find out, I opened up the pockets to 92% of the valve size, cut the .375" off the intake guide, stream lined it. The short side on the intake kept picking up the more I laid it back. pushrod pinch was opened up .185", raised the intake port roof entrance .090 and blended it into the roof. The exhaust port , was opened up, guide boss is basically gone, little lump left. the short-side is laid back and smoothed, I think there is more in the exhaust, but Im afraid to hit water! I need to cut a magnum head apart and see what it looks like.

Bring on the the pics...............................

Thanks...........................................PETE............................

That's about what you get before you hit water.lol
Congrats, I'm sure it will run good.
And don't worry about the exh flow ratio, the intake manifold will kill the int flow while the headers will keep the exh flow moving the same flow it does now, if not better.

Hey, good numbers.

Here's what me 2.2 turbo swirl head flows:
IIRC intake - 203 @.550, 201@ .500, 196 @.400.
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Exhaust - 158/9 @.500, 163ish @.550. after additional work to guides and roof. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]Plus, I'm forcing air through it![/FONT]

-
Back