ford brake drums

-

mouncebud426

Reaction score
Ok I put SSBC dics brake kit on my 72 dart the A-153 kit so my 14 inche wheels did not clear the caliper, So I purchase a new set of 15 inche aluminum warrior R/t wheel, It was all SBP and you really can fine a selection of rims, Front rotors are drilled for 4 &4.5 I would go 4.5 and just order axles from mancini in 4.5 LBP with green bearing and stock wheel stud and thought I'll just drill the rear 10 inche drums for 4.5 and the center diameter out to fit, wrong they would slide all the back you could see about a 5/16 of the brake shoe, I already pulled the thrust button from the center section and axles seated up all the way, So the search was on I was talking to one of my parts sale rep and he said he would get measurment of 10x3/4 brake drum and check in to it and see what he could come with and maybe some thing ford they used a lot of 10 inche brake stuff, He called me back and said try 1973 mustang 6 cyl they list a 10x2 4.5 LBP I got a set from NAPA pn 440-1024 all I had to do was grind the center bore diameter out a bit carefully just to slide over and the lug nut hole the the base of the stud on a mopar is a bigger than a ford they clear the backing plate they look like they were made for it I drove the car and it stops fine no odd noise and the best thing is these drums will be a around for a long time with all the mustang stuff around

-
Back