-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71-440-Duster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Ok, so I finally did it. I bought a stroker kit for my 440! Even though I just rebuilt it with KB237, recon rods, new bearings across the board polished crank lined the block, you know usual.

But, lost a cam lobe and lifter with only 10 hours after break in. Ugh! Freakin' hydraulic flat tappet piece of sh#!

So, out came the motor to clean up the mess and decided to go hydraulic roller cam....well, then it turned into, you know,... the monster motor that got out of hand. I bought a non balanced stroker kit from mancini racing and now no longer need the crank, rods and pistons or bearings!

The crank and rods would make a killer stroker 383\400!

The forged crank with damper and rods are from a 72 dated 440. And, I'll throw in the bearings as they look great and a 6 bolt flexplate, if you need them. $250.

The pistons are KB237 .030 over that have moly rings, but I would suggest getting new rings even though they have only 10 hours of use on them. They come with pins and are in excellent condition! $150

Here's a link at summit for info on the pistons...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UEM-KB237-030/

I will post some pics later tonight...

Of course, shipping this could get expensive specially the crank. Mother weights about 70lbs!

Ok, so I finally did it. I bought a stroker kit for my 440! Even though I just rebuilt it with KB237, recon rods, new bearings across the board polished crank lined the block, you know usual.

But, lost a cam lobe and lifter with only 10 hours after break in. Ugh! Freakin' hydraulic flat tappet piece of sh#!

So, out came the motor to clean up the mess and decided to go hydraulic roller cam....well, then it turned into, you know,... the monster motor that got out of hand. I bought a non balanced stroker kit from mancini racing and now no longer need the crank, rods and pistons or bearings!

The crank and rods would make a killer stroker 383\400!

The forged crank with damper and rods are from a 72 dated 440. And, I'll throw in the bearings as they look great and a 6 bolt flexplate, if you need them. $250.

The pistons are KB237 .030 over that have moly rings, but I would suggest getting new rings even though they have only 10 hours of use on them. They come with pins and are in excellent condition! $150

Here's a link at summit for info on the pistons...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UEM-KB237-030/

I will post some pics later tonight...

Of course, shipping this could get expensive specially the crank. Mother weights about 70lbs!

Are you willing to split up the crank and rods?

Finally got them...sorry, but my camera is old and doesn't take close ups very well.

Picture 068.jpg

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 090.jpg

Picture 097.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back