Not open for further replies.

72bluNblu

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Free to a good (not mine!) home- one 1974 model year 318, casting date is 12/10/73 and it was from a '74 Swinger I parted out, so it's even an A-body engine. Car was in good condition other than being rear ended. I "yard drove" the car a few times, it started fine, smoked a little, but ran and didn't make any really awful noises. Never went far because of the wiped out water pump, but I never ran it long enough to overheat it. Just on and off trailers, new parking spot in the back yard etc. Odometer showed 17k miles so you better believe it was 117k. :D

And now the bad news- I pulled the engine, stored it inside for awhile, then moved it outside. Heads have been off, and on, and off, and on, and you get the idea. It's been covered and it still turns over freely, but it has some flash rust in a few spots in the bores. No pitting, just flash, like I said it still turns over with a ratchet. Has a wear groove at the top of the bores like you'd expect from a 117k mile 318. Like I said, this is a core that will need to be rebuilt. All of it.

Has a car pan, nice front cover, valve covers off a later 318, 2 barrel intake, pretty much complete including the rocker gear on the original 675 heads. Pushrods aren't in it, I can probably find them if you really want them. Head bolts aren't in it either, just a couple to keep the heads from falling off. I probably won't be able to find the full set but you shouldn't want them anyway.

Pick up only, I'm near Sacramento, CA. I'm not going to ship it, I don't even want to deliver it. :rolleyes: Maybe within 30 minutes. I do have a hoist and can assist in loading the engine. Last go around for this one, I swear this time I'm going to scrap it after I pull the pan, timing cover and mains if no one else wants it. PM me if you want it.

Thanks FABO!
IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

Bump! First, last and only. I'm tearing it down and scrapping the block and anything else big or heavy in the next week, so if you want the whole thing you better contact me soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back