Front end parts(strut rod bushings)

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order my front end parts. The strut rod bushings ive seen 2 types. This is a 74 Dart Disc front suspension. Ive seen the 2 flat rubbers and the 2 flat disc. Then another one that looks like a nipple its solid rubber do I need both?

One is classified as the Strut bar Mount the other is classified as the strut bar bushing.

If you look up Rock auto an 74 Dart Suspension you will see.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/racatalog.php?carcode=1088917

These are what Im talking about do I need both?

getimage.jpg

getimage1.jpg

Order the bushings in the picture on the right.

Thanks Cheryl but Pictures on the right??? Unless my view is different I got photos on top and bottom. Do you mean the single or 4 peice set?

Josh, I believe you're gonna find that the 4 piece kit is just a generic photo for the bushings. I believe they all take the nipple type bushings. I could be mistaken. But I think that's right.

Thanks Cheryl but Pictures on the right??? Unless my view is different I got photos on top and bottom. Do you mean the single or 4 peice set?

That's funny Josh. The pics show up next to each other on my screen......

Anyway, the 4 piece set is the best design. I am not familiar w/ Rock Auto, but Moog is Part #K7068 for your car. The Moog brand has a metal sleeve thru the center of the bushings for added strength. Maybe you could ask them if their 4 piece set has a sleeve??

Thanks Cheryl but there brand is MOOG and that is the correct part number. Its only $27 for the set so I went with them. I remember seeing these when I took it apart but didnt remember the the ones in the other photo so I thought maybe they were gone or I didnt notice them. Ok front end parts ordered.

That's funny Josh. The pics show up next to each other on my screen......

Anyway, the 4 piece set is the best design. I am not familiar w/ Rock Auto, but Moog is Part #K7068 for your car. The Moog brand has a metal sleeve thru the center of the bushings for added strength. Maybe you could ask them if their 4 piece set has a sleeve??

Ok cool, so there are two designs. i didn't know that. the 4 piece would certainly be the best ones. those kinda look like ford truck radius arm bushings....and those are pretty tough.

Just looked at your pic again and I see the sleeves are separate. Are those poly bushings? The Moog is a rubber bushing w/ the sleeve integrated into the bushing.

Thanks for the help Cheryl and SS. Parts ordered. Everything I need to rebuild the front end cost about $280 at Rock Auto.

-
Back