fs: 68 dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Whats up? I thought we were into a sale on the car and I was getting a shipping quote. Then you send a message that the car was sold! Now it is not sold? I am confused, but also think that I come before anyone else at this point in time.

Hey,
Do you want to make your wife happy and get that Dart out of the garage or not? I need to know so that I can make arrangements.

gasgula
I have been trying to reach you about buying your car, but without any luck. Is the car for sale or not. A simple reply is all I ask.
Deadly Dart in central Fla.

I would like to come by and view the Dart. I live within 35 miles from Carson.
Would that be ok?

I sent owner an email and will report here what he says.I know he solved a storage concern and apparently in no hurry to sell the car. Check back later Paul

pnewt50

Thanks. I just don't understand how some people do business. I never just let people hanging, or sell to someone else when you have an apparent deal pending, let alone try to buy parts that are included in the sale of the car. If you cannot answer the buyer, how does the car shipping company arrange the pick up?? I really would like to visit my kids and grandkids in Callifornia, and getting hold of a nice Dart at the same time is just a bonus. Just kind of frustrating, but thanks for trying to help.

no response yet. looking for his phone number- I spoke to him once- we'll see what happens

His phone number is on page one of this post. I have left messages on it already, along with e-mails.

Here are some suggestions to be prepared:

Ignition system. I had an almost brand new orange box go Tango Unform on me. It was just down the block from my house too! No warrenty on it.
(But my junk yard orange box that I replaced it with is still running.)
I always carry an extra one too in my everyday "emergency kit" with jumpers and everthing else.

Fuel pump: New fuels are rough on old rubber to begin with but a fuel pump is an easy fix if you carry one.

Starter failure. I carried an extra starter across country. They don't take much room, but are a little extra weight. And if you need on in the motel parking lot it might be worth it.

Fuel system failure. This is a real one. (Take extra filters incase crud comes out of the tank and clogs up the filter).

Other than that, relax and enjoy the drive across country in an old Mopar.
I would and have done it.

And this looks like a car that's worth it. I could fly out and get it.
If I had the time.......................

Don't forget about 10 gallons of distilled water (for radiatior and drinking), rubber fuel line, and a 5 gal gas can (for an emergency fuel tank), and high protein food and a solar blanket (in case you break down in the middle of nowhere).

Not after the car myself, but for those interested I did purchase my car from Northern CA and had DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) ship it for me to NM. My experience at least was good with them. They have terminal to terminal shipping that is quite reasonable I thought. The seller drops the car off and you go and pick the car up from the local terminal. Was surprised at how many terminals there were. I ended up doing a door to door service and came in at around $600 for everything.

When I priced a tow dolly from U haul it was $350 alone. Thought by the time I add petrol, hotel stay, food, wear etc. I was well ahead.

Was transported most likely on a convoy type truck. They gave me an online tracking number and I could see step by step where the car was. Was supposed to take 10 days and actually arrived a day early. Was pretty happy.

I found it pays to look at the online quote quite a few times and play with the ship date a bit. When you input an older car in it tells you to call a rep. This is so they can tack on a BS charge of $100 or $150 (don't remember) for the car being older and bigger. I didn't get charged this when I shipped because I kept checking the online quote a few times a day for a few days and it finally popped up at about $450 term to term. Was the cheapest quote I'd seen by a good $100 or so. Called right away and told them I wanted to book a shipment for a '71 Dart. Said I was online on the site and the person asked what quote it gave. Told him $450 and said I wanted to add the door to door option. Gave the amount for that ($150 then) and he told me the total door to door would be $600. That was all in. No fuel surcharges, taxes or hidden fees. Did not mention the online note about the year. Perhaps I should have, but there you go as I did not get charged the extra.

Just inputted ship from 95111 San Jose, CA to 13440 Rome, NY for 7/31 and got a term to term quote of $777. Term in NY would be Syracuse, NY 13057. Door to door adds $212, but if you can have the person drop at a terminal and don't mind a jaunt to your local terminal $777 does not seem too bad. Of course, no authority and not an agent for DAS, but just thought others might want to know.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

moparBrit
That is who I got a quote from also from Carson, Ca to Deltona, Fl and it was $1035.00. I have used them before too, but thanks for the info. If it runs okay, I will use it to go from one daughters house to the other to visit, and then fly back home and let the shipper do the work of bringing it home. It will be a lucky car if it ends up living here cause this is Mopar heaven.

That does not sound too bad. Years ago when I was selling off a few Minis I sold one that needed to be tranported from CA to NY. Seems like he paid more than that to get it shipped then. That was back when petrol was in the $1.50 or so range.

Best of luck with it. Hope it works out for you.

Cheers

Esteben Gonzalez, aka gasGULA,
Since you choose to sell your car for less than I was willing to pay, to a local buyer, and you have failed to return any phone, pm, or e-mails, I must assume you just don't want to sell to a Police Officer, and have something to hide.
Goodbye

And on that not I'll assume the car is sold and ock the thread. In the futer if you place a sales add please respond to members question or place the add some weres else. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back