fuel cells

-

birdieracing

Reaction score
much help needed just got my car back from having the cage put in
and the guy took out the fuel tank by cutting the lines and i have no
ideal which is fuel line or return i am install a fuel cell do i need both
lines or what any input would be great

What are you going to run for a fuel pump ? A return line will put less stress on the pump and is a good idea but you dont need to have it.

i thought a return line was to prevent line lock. i guess you can take that chance

The return line will put less strain on the pump because it will cerculate (sp?) Less heat means a longer pump.

thanks for the help my new fuel cell has 2 lines on the bottom and one on top
does any one no if one of those are a return line and fuel pump is mech factory
for now

The line on the top is for the vent tube. You have to vent the cell out of the bottom of the car. The two line at the bottom are feed lines. If you want to run a return line you'll have to drill another hole at the top of the cell away from the feed lines.

IM000525.jpg

The reason you don't what to return fuel at the bottom next to the fuel pickup line is you could introduce air into the pickup fuel line from the return line.

just install the fuel cell left off the return line just for the cost of the lines on a tight
budget thats for all the input trying to figure out how to make my pics smaller so i
can add them if any advise out there

Just put in an inline T before and after the fuel pump. Then hook the two T's together with a line. This will work as a pressure relief eliminating the stress on the fuel pump and making no need for a return line. I have always done that with no problems.

jrlegacy23 said:
Just put in an inline T before and after the fuel pump. Then hook the two T's together with a line. This will work as a pressure relief eliminating the stress on the fuel pump and making no need for a return line. I have always done that with no problems.
Do you put any sort of regulator in your loop? or just an open loop?

Its not a regulator, and no it is not an open loop. This set up works fine on street cars and never had any problems, as for racing, I do not know.

-
Back