fuel pump problems

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
hi everyone!Well,this might be the second fuel pump that has gone out on my 360.The first one is the one that came with the motor,the second one I got from Autozone(yeah I know,junk) and as I was taking the car for a drive,it kept wanting to stall and when I parked it,it stopped pumping completely,no fuel was pumping to the carb or anything.Is there a much better brand of fuel pump to buy?One more reliable?Im just going to take this one back to Autozone for a refund:angry7:

what brand was the autozone one? i here the Airtex brand is made in the U.S. and is good.

what brand was the autozone one? i here the Airtex brand is made in the U.S. and is good.
Hey sorry just got back from vacation.It is an Airtech,but for some reason these keep failing.Can the ecentric go bad on the cam?I rarely hear of this happening.How difficult is it to install an electric fuel pump?

Mine just did......have the same problem you do and I tried to replace the pump (good) with a new one (good) and still have problems.

The eccentric is bad and wont push the pump lever so I'm going to put an electric one on it for a temporary fix till I can rebuild the motor.

Good luck on yours.

Oh you can test the eccentric by pulling the pump and using a flat blade screwdriver in place of the pump lever......you should see it rock back and forth as you put downward pressure on the screwdriver..

-
Back