Fuel System Recommendations

-

middleagecrisis

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best way to feed a healthy 383 I'm getting ready to install into my '75 Duster. I currently have a 5/16" fuel line, which is just not going to cut it, especially since I plan on adding a 75-100 shot of nitrous at some point in the future. I was thinking about installing this 1/2" sender:
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-a-body/bg9145
However, it doesn't have a return line provision, which I would really like to have in place to avoid strain on my electric fuel pump. It's also listed for up to '74, so maybe a concern for the electric sending unit to my gauge? My 383 was built by a previous owner, so I don't have all the specs, but I do know it has ported factory heads, a healthy cam w/adjustable factory rockers, single plane intake w/spacer, 750 DP and Mopar electronic ignition with stand-alone control box, so maybe 400-425 flywheel horsepower. I planned on using a Holley Red fuel pump w/regulator I already have and running 1/2" or 3/8" fuel line. I'm sure others have been in this situation, so I'm looking for thoughts/recommendations. Thanks!

I run a 3/8" sender and lines in my 440/500 stroker with a Holley mechanical pump and have no issues. 1/2" seems like overkill. JMO

I'm trying to figure out the best way to feed a healthy 383 I'm getting ready to install into my '75 Duster. I currently have a 5/16" fuel line, which is just not going to cut it, especially since I plan on adding a 75-100 shot of nitrous at some point in the future. I was thinking about installing this 1/2" sender:
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-a-body/bg9145
However, it doesn't have a return line provision, which I would really like to have in place to avoid strain on my electric fuel pump. It's also listed for up to '74, so maybe a concern for the electric sending unit to my gauge? My 383 was built by a previous owner, so I don't have all the specs, but I do know it has ported factory heads, a healthy cam w/adjustable factory rockers, single plane intake w/spacer, 750 DP and Mopar electronic ignition with stand-alone control box, so maybe 400-425 flywheel horsepower. I planned on using a Holley Red fuel pump w/regulator I already have and running 1/2" or 3/8" fuel line. I'm sure others have been in this situation, so I'm looking for thoughts/recommendations. Thanks!
I up-sized an existing return line nipple on the factory sending unit by using a step drill and a 3/8's steel line silver soldered together. Finding real silver solder took a minute though. The electrical pass-through fitting is from Radium Engineering.

This sending unit can be fitted with Holley Hydromat for even better fuel scavenging at lower fuel levels. Adding a surge tank up front will ensure you get uninterrupted fuel flow even at near empty fuel tank levels.

eng5 (Large) (Medium).png

Sending unit mod 3.jpg

Sending unit mod 4.jpg

-
Back