fuel vent 1972 dodge demon

-

plymouthdude

Reaction score
I HAVE A 1972 DODGE DEMON AND WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE VENT WAS NOT HOOKED UP THEY JUST CAP IT OFF . CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHERE IT HOOKS UP TO ? THERE IS NO VENT ON THE FILL TUBE . AND IF YOU WOULD HAVE A PHOTO THAT WOULD HELP . THANKS :toothy7:

My 72 duster has a single 1/4 line that 2 pieces under the passenger seat and it is suppose to go into charcoal canister next to radiator.

Do you think not having a vent it would throw my gas gauge off ? I go 10 to 20 miles and it's on e . And i thought because it is not vented.

Do you think not having a vent it would throw my gas gauge off ? I go 10 to 20 miles and it's on e . And i thought because it is not vented.

Does it start out on full? Mine does the same thing but it only goes to about 3/4 when it is full. I have new sending unit. ???

The vent on mine went to the canister next to the radiator. I removed the canister and put a fuel filter at the end and mounted to my inner fender, should be higher than the fuel can get when tank is full. I have had no problems with mine. (72 duster but should be the same)

No mine goes to e and i put gas in it and it takes a little . I was at a car show and look at a 2 demons and they had a big tube buy the fill tube and they said they thought it was the vent , but they were 1971 . The tube was the same size as the fill tube in the trunk. Is that what that is and is it right

Is your ground strap on your fuel line broken, Maybe making connection once and awhile? I know with the vent tube clogged, it made my car run lean, running out of gas.

If it was the ground strap it wouldn't work at all , right ? That's why i thought it was the vent but i might be wrong .

I have seen them broken, to where they would make connection every now and then. When the 2 pieces touch each other going around a corner, or under torque. But your right, most of the time they won't work at all. It is something easy to check tho.

I was at a car show and look at a 2 demons and they had a big tube buy the fill tube and they said they thought it was the vent , but they were 1971 . The tube was the same size as the fill tube in the trunk. Is that what that is and is it right

The vent tube was a 71 thing, 72 has a vented cap instead.

I will check the ground strap but if the wrong gas cap is on would it throw the gauge off ?

-
Back