Gasket for Edelbrock LD4B manifold

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, just purchased an edelbrock ld4b intake manifold (it appears to have not been modified) for my 1966 273 motor. My heads are stock

I was wondering what gaskets people are using or have experience with

Anything to watch out for?

Fel-pro FEL-1243
They will be a little hard to get the intake bolts in but they seal up, and the gaskets match.
Also make damn sure you remove the dowel pins on the end of the block, or you will crack the intake when you bolt it down.

Also make damn sure you remove the dowel pins on the end of the block, or you will crack the intake when you bolt it down.

I didn't remove them on my son's car, and it wasn't a problem....

I'll have to look closer when I put my next intake on....

felpro 1213 0.59'' thick is the most common one i know of .

i stand corrected 59 thousands but im sure you seen throuh my mistake .

Don't recall if any aftermarket intakes had holes for the dowel pin in the ends, but since it's usually better to throw the end gaskets away and use silicone, you might as well remove pins anyway. They are usually too thick and can squeeze out as well.

If bolts don't line up, neither will the ports. So milling may need to be considered.

Don't recall if any aftermarket intakes had holes for the dowel pin in the ends, but since it's usually better to throw the end gaskets away and use silicone, you might as well remove pins anyway. They are usually too thick and can squeeze out as well.

If bolts don't line up, neither will the ports. So milling may need to be considered.

I've always used the end gaskets with success.... :cheers:

-
Back