Gaskets ???

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on what gaskets to use with the Edelbrock heads? I need to send out an order to either Jegs, Summit, or Mancini's this afternoon. I still need a few "C" note's worth of goodies.

paypal.gif
Yeah....it's almost THAT bad. :D

I was going to use FelPro 1008 gaskets on mine.

Are you using bolts or studs for the heads?

GotDart said:
I was going to use FelPro 1008 gaskets on mine.

Are you using bolts or studs for the heads?

The mains & heads are studded. Do I have to replace the studs I just installed for the factory heads? I know I received a set of ARP head BOLT'S w/ the heads. Are the lenghts different? If I can't use my heads studs I'll be annoyed.....

I'm going to use the FelPros again. I had used them on re-build #1. Thanks guys

ARP lists a seperate number for W2 and Edelbrock heads, so yes there is a difference. It may only be a few that are different though, I'm really not sure.

1008...hummmm what's the bore size on that gasket?

Let me save you some time.....4.180 and you engine bore is 4.000, can you see a problem here?

How many Felpro gaskets push between cylinders?....Virtually every one we take apart has indications of pushing. So why would you use a gasket that you know #1. is too big, #2 we know will push, #3 is nearly as expensive as a Cometic, Custom Cut, Multi Layer Steel gasket that will fit right, seal properly, is re-usable, will hold 2400-2500# of cylinder pressure (you'll have about 1500-1600) and is Specifically designed for Aluminum heads on a steel block.

Go here and lok before you jump in and spend you hard earned $$$

http://www.4secondsflat.com/cometic.html

Probably in stock at one of our 7 dealers nationwide

-
Back