Geet Plasma Reactor

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Geet Plasma Reactor

Hey, you all heard of this "fuel cracker" little reactor system?

Some versions crack sugar water, others crack a mixture of like beer and gasoline. Sounds to me like if enough energy is put into any system you can boil some usable fuel out of any hydrocarbon chain.

Check er out, any ideas or thoughts?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2KRRgjcJTg"]YouTube- GEET Water Fuel Plasma Reactor Chamber Explained Part 2[/ame]

A pretty good explanation here..

Kind of interesting but I didn't know I was going to need to buy some popcorn and soda in order to see through this feature. ;)

I have a friend that has been playing with a GEET for about a year. Hasn't been all that reliable for him yet. (not much success)
There are plenty of videos of lawn mowers with it working on youtube.

My favorite is gasification. Check out the gas I made last night.

Also thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=95396

DSCN1480.jpg

My apologies as I am going to misspell some words here.
It doesn't seem that the gasification of items containing hydrogen and the Geet are the same. Are they similar?

The Geet appears to plasmify using differential temps flowing reverse directions as well as a steel rod to induce electromagnetic fields that boost plasmification or induce electrical arcs which added to the heat and vacuum result in plasmification.

What is the deal with plasma? That is a whole other can of worms I suppose. Hydrogen and possibly oxygen I suppose is the final answer to that question..

Other than the plasmafication or extreme extraction method of the Geet, are they otherwise similar..?

How does the gassifier do the extraction of hydrocarbon gas? Low heat decomposition?

My understanding of gas lamps was they used carbide, but I only know about two paragraphs about any of these subjects at the moment.. Half of that is probably bullSH.

Thanks for the info, I find it all very interesting. :) I am into generators, electro magnetics, and off grid operations, especially when they are more cost effective than on grid operations. Energy is always a very costly component of life. Though I still burn dinosaur bones to produce speed.

By the way, that gas you made is running like a scram jet out there!

What is that gas similar to? Methane? Aromatic vapors of alcohol?

Are you making oxygen as well and mixing it in the combustion chamber or mixing "street grade air" in the combustion chamber? Did you use a gasifier to produce your gas? What the heck is that a finely tuned potato launcher? :)

Hehehe, very fun looking stuff..

I have a friend that has been playing with a GEET for about a year. Hasn't been all that reliable for him yet. (not much success)
There are plenty of videos of lawn mowers with it working on youtube.

My favorite is gasification. Check out the gas I made last night.

Also thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=95396

My apologies as I am going to misspell some words here.
It doesn't seem that the gasification of items containing hydrogen and the Geet are the same. Are they similar?

The Geet appears to plasmify using differential temps flowing reverse directions as well as a steel rod to induce electromagnetic fields that boost plasmification or induce electrical arcs which added to the heat and vacuum result in plasmification.

What is the deal with plasma? That is a whole other can of worms I suppose. Hydrogen and possibly oxygen I suppose is the final answer to that question..

Other than the plasmafication or extreme extraction method of the Geet, are they otherwise similar..?

How does the gassifier do the extraction of hydrocarbon gas? Low heat decomposition?

My understanding of gas lamps was they used carbide, but I only know about two paragraphs about any of these subjects at the moment.. Half of that is probably bullSH.

Thanks for the info, I find it all very interesting. :) I am into generators, electro magnetics, and off grid operations, especially when they are more cost effective than on grid operations. Energy is always a very costly component of life. Though I still burn dinosaur bones to produce speed.

GEET and gasification are different. With gasification you are producing H2-CO-H2O-CH4. From biomass (wood, straw, sawdust, anything that has grown and been dried).

It can be done low heat (650f) as you mentioned; although the gas quality is low. You need to get your combustion zone up to 1100f to crack the tars. If not the tar will be a by product or plug your engine. You can gasifiy at much higher temps also.

Plasma gasification is being done at temps around 25,000f. You can break down trash and other waste including tires. Converting all of this to syngas.

The gas lamps using calcium carbide are for the coal mines. Calcium carbide mixed with water makes Acetylene, that is burnt for light.
Gas lights for towns started in 1792 using wood or coal to create syngas, pumped to town and then burned.

Other names for the gas are producer gas, wood gas, syngas, and at one time natural gas.

Also with syngas you can take it one step further by using Fischer Tropsch system and a catalyst to make liquid fuels like gasolene, kerosene, diesel fuel, alcohol, methanol, etc.

I am not super familiar with the GEET, I left that to a friend of mine with alot of electrical experience.

I hope I have answered some of your questions. If not ask again and I can point you in the right direction.

Hey, great info, thats all quite interesting. Strange how much of the industrial revolution most folks don't know jack about (specifically myself). I am getting ready to look up nuclear scramjets tested in the fifties I think (nuclear fuel for thermal expansion in the "combustion chamber")..
Thanks much for the details, that should get me off to a good start with some reading.. Now I have something else worth looking up on the web.. I will catch up to you another time and converse! Drop a line if you want to share anything like that stuff, I think others would be interested too..
Now, I think I need to find an old, close to free diesel generator for my house / shop..

ricernuker-

GEET and gasification are different. With gasification you are producing H2-CO-H2O-CH4. From biomass (wood, straw, sawdust, anything that has grown and been dried).

It can be done low heat (650f) as you mentioned; although the gas quality is low. You need to get your combustion zone up to 1100f to crack the tars. If not the tar will be a by product or plug your engine. You can gasifiy at much higher temps also.

Plasma gasification is being done at temps around 25,000f. You can break down trash and other waste including tires. Converting all of this to syngas.

The gas lamps using calcium carbide are for the coal mines. Calcium carbide mixed with water makes Acetylene, that is burnt for light.
Gas lights for towns started in 1792 using wood or coal to create syngas, pumped to town and then burned.

Other names for the gas are producer gas, wood gas, syngas, and at one time natural gas.

Also with syngas you can take it one step further by using Fischer Tropsch system and a catalyst to make liquid fuels like gasolene, kerosene, diesel fuel, alcohol, methanol, etc.

I am not super familiar with the GEET, I left that to a friend of mine with alot of electrical experience.

I hope I have answered some of your questions. If not ask again and I can point you in the right direction.

Im pauls son. Hes dead now but ive been making theese engins since i was a 9. Shaft size is the main problem with them. Im making a free form version that should be easy mass produce. Im glad to see this up. Made me grin

-
Back