Gen 3 parts suppliers - Its mostly good so far

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
OK here's the scenario -

I ordered a crate 6.1 Hemi and A Body install and carb conversion parts.

All the bits had to be shipped to the docks in LA for shipping to Australia.

Here's my experiences so far..............- thought I'd run this thread as the countdown goes on so others can follow the lead.

Mazzolini - Bob has been a great help - Gave me a great price on the 6.1 Crate hemi after the Ebay deal fell thru (Bobs price was $5500) - it arrived in three days at his shop in 3 days.

He ordered all the Milodon pan gear and a couple of MP parts (Cap bolts etc) and he packed them all in the engine crate -

Phone - A+ - Took calls on his Vacation!!

Email - B+ - Replied promptly and worked with me on shipping delays - Forgot a couple of changes but emailed me super quick when there was an issue.

Web site - C - Couldn't have done this without calling and emailing....single operations have issues with web sites and Bobs is no worse but no better than most.

Solid A so far for service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Street and Performance

Ordered a set of coated 6.1 "tight tuck" headers - They were ready in 5 days.

Phone - A - Mark the proprietor was interested and assured me I was on the right track on selecting a Power Steer delete pulley and providing info on the headers.

He also didn't lie on delivery times!

Email - Prompt and attentive - B+

Web site was a NIGHTMARE - D+

Overall B....just a pity their web site is so useless!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
XV

I've tried to use their services but at this stage - I've sourced products at better prices and more easily from elsewhere.

Phone - Not rated - Haven't tried.

Email - Fail! - Not possible!!:banghead:

Web site - C minus - I see NO POINT in having a web site without an email contact!!

The "tell us what interests you" dialogue just doesn't cut it for customer service portal....Its garbage.

To be fair - I did get a reply when I used it - but its frustrating and provides no assurance to the customer they'll get a reply.

The main issue with XV is that I've tried for prices on two items - an intake and the oil filler tube - The Intake was out of stock...and the oil fill tube is discontinued..............

Overall experience - C

---------------------------------------------------------

MSD

What a joke! - ended up researching the MSD Hemi-6 6013 on this forum and the LX forum and got better answers. Good product..just don't ask them anything!!

Phone - FAIL - The guy I spoke to was giggling like a girl when he "picked up"..and is clearly under-employed.

Then he didn't know the answer - then he asked someone else - and I got fed a line which has since proved to be BS.:wack:

Use the boards for any tech advice on MSD product....they employ boy scouts on their tech line.:mumum:

Email - Not rated
Web site - C - Currently displaying the 2009 catalogue!:eek:ops:

Overall - Absolute FAIL as far as customer relations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moparts Peformance parts (aka Marsh Performance)

Ordered my Indy Modman intake from Todd Marsh - I didn't want to deal with Indy-

Todd took the order by his "on line order form" - confiormed it by email .

Supplied for shipping by Indy in three days (can't fault that) , Todd shipped to my exact instructions - $475 to the docks in LA.

Phone - A - Super friendly and VERY concerned to make sure I got the right part

Email - A - Prompt reply and emailed my invoice - provided full updates on availability.

Web - B - Good catalogue and useable on-line order form....BUT.........I still prefer to use email for orders.

Even so ....Todd responded to the order quickly and was on top of things from the start.

Overall an A - and made it possible for me to avoid the asshats at Indy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plum Floored

Put simply - I didn't bother ...heads up from this and other sites told me it could get ugly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats it so far - any other parts are coming through the "big boys" at Summit and Rock Auto due to pricing and shipping fees.

That is funny, I deal in gen3 stuff all day and every day. I sponsor a good portion of the various lx/gen3 forums. The general feeling is that if you aren't spending 10k you aren't getting anything that resembles service.

We don't do maintenance parts, only performance stuff, so every part is something fun for us.

That's a great idea that you rated all the vendors. Even though I'm finished with my build I'm going to keep an eye on this thread! Keep it up bud.

Thanks - I've tried to be as objective as possible - I've had no "personality" disputes with any of the suppliers so far -

I guess the one thing that stood out was the limitations I faced with web sites that had no email contact.....makes it pretty tough to just check availability and pricing....

And of course the positive way that ALL the guys I ordered through handled my orders and followed through...I didn't have to "chase" any of them. :)

East Coast Moparts - Parts div. of Waldorf Dodge

Just used them to supply an idler pulley, idler pulley bolt and tensioner bolt.

Andrew has been extremely helpful as the idler bolt has been on long term back order for some time.

As soon as they came in the order was shipped - two days after Sandy.

eastcoastmoparts.com

Excellent email response and excellent web portal

I wouldnt hesitate to use them.

-
Back