Gen ll Hemi exhaust rocker arms

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any Hemi guys out there? I have to change out 2 exhaust rocker arms, they don't say much in the FSM, is it as simple as removing the bolts from the rocker shaft and sliding the shaft out as far as needed and put the shaft back and retorque the bolts? The bolts are 3/8", so 30-35 ft lbs of torque?

I`
Any Hemi guys out there? I have to change out 2 exhaust rocker arms, they don't say much in the FSM, is it as simple as removing the bolts from the rocker shaft and sliding the shaft out as far as needed and put the shaft back and retorque the bolts? The bolts are 3/8", so 30-35 ft lbs of torque?
I`d lift the shaft and slide the broken arm off the end , not sliding it out of all of them...

Well, after removing the 5 rocker shaft bolts, I find that it is necessary to drive the shaft in and out. I need to replace no's 1 and 7 exh rockers. So, I can do that for #1, but can not drive it back from the firewall. So now it looks like I will have to remove the whole stand assembly, that means the 5 center head bolts. Looks like I will seek further advice from Ray Barton engines.

Okay, I finally found the info that I needed.
Here we go.

-
Back