Gene’s 9th MOPAR Cruise In, BBQ and Parts Swap

-

geno440

Reaction score
Located in SW Pennsylvania

When: Saturday, Sept 20, 2014 - 11:00 to ? - Rain or Shine

Where: New Hope United Church of Christ, 3404 Cumberland Highway,
Meyersdale, Pennsylvania, 15552. The church is located on Pennsylvania state route 160 between Wellersburg and Berlin, half mile south of the old Rainbow Lounge and about 2 miles north of the Twin Churches.

Event Information:

The event is open to the public, however cruise in show vehicles is limited to Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth powered vehicles. Come out, display your Mopars, eat, chat with other Mopar folks, relax and have a great time. Also, don’t forget to ask your other Mopar friends to attend and bring their cars and trucks too and don’t forget your family as well. We try to keep this event a family oriented event.

Participation in the barbecue requires a donation of a covered dish or other food item. Just bring a covered dish, dessert or any food item you would like to share with the other participants. If you like it, most likely someone else will. Chicken, hamburgers, sausage, bacon, hot dogs, etc are prepared for the participants at the event. Buns, soft drinks, eating utensils, plates, cups, napkins, condiments, bathroom facilities, seating, pavilion are also provided.

I am still trying to build on the parts aspect of the event. So if you know of anyone who likes to sell MOPAR parts, crafts, etc. please let them know and ask them to participate. There is no set up fee. Dealers welcome.

The theme for event shirts this year will be the 50th anniversary of the Hemi and a tribute to a passed friend. Event tee shirts and hooded sweatshirts will be available for sale at the event. Please check under the pavilion if you might be interested. If you would like to order event items prior to the event please contact me and let me know what you want.

This is a non-profit event. There will be two boxes where you can make donations to the event. The first one is used to help cover the costs of the event and the second one is for church donations. The church is already compensated for the use of the facilities, but you can donate to the church if you wish.

There is a large paved parking lot and a neatly groomed grass yard to contain all the cruise-in Mopar cars and trucks! There is a large covered pavilion for the food part. There is plenty of seating for eating and a small playground for the kids as well. Please bring your own chairs if you would like to sit out near your cars.

Please, upon arriving at the cruise-in, please come up to the table under the pavilion and register your vehicle. We will be giving away some door prizes and we want to make sure we have everyone’s name. Also, it helps me to build up a good list for mailing out future event notices.

You don’t have to pre register, but if you plan on attending and want to let me know that is great. If so, let me know a week before the event how many people you will be bringing.

I now have a group on Facebook for the event. Please check it out. Search for Mopar – Gene’s Annual Cruise-in. Any of these words should help you find it. Ask to be added to the page and you can get news from the event as quickly as possible. You can also find the page by finding my page Gene Henckel.

Contact information:
Email - [email protected]
Phone - 814-279-9004

Please:
No alcohol will be allowed on the church grounds
No burn-outs in the church parking lots, but route 160 is fair game.
Watch your mouth, there will be young children and we will be on church grounds.
Please leave the church grounds as neatly as you find them. Pick up any trash you may see.

-
Back