getting ready to dyno 500ci rb

-

afstegg

Reaction score
i finally got car back together and running. 440 stroked to 500ci. eagle crank and rods with srp flat top pistons. 440-1 heads comp roller cam 275in 282ex with .657/.659 lift. has 2'' hooker fenderwell headers threw 3'' exhaust with magna flo's. has a 1050 cfm quick fuel carb on top.
has msd 7al and msd distributor with locked timing at 34deg. it's bolted to a 727 with a stall converter rmvb by cope and a 8.75 with 3:91 gears.
now for the reason of this thread.
I've put some street miles on car and it seems to run really good 1/4 throttle and over. under that i feel like it has a miss or sputter.not a ping maybe to rich ?? i did order a jet kit and acc pump cam kit so i can adjust if needed on dyno. im just wondering if any of you guys with the same or close combo's have had issues like mine and could point me in the right dirrection.

thanks

20160614_070217.jpg

i finally got car back together and running. 440 stroked to 500ci. eagle crank and rods with srp flat top pistons. 440-1 heads comp roller cam 275in 282ex with .657/.659 lift. has 2'' hooker fenderwell headers threw 3'' exhaust with magna flo's. has a 1050 cfm quick fuel carb on top.
has msd 7al and msd distributor with locked timing at 34deg. it's bolted to a 727 with a stall converter rmvb by cope and a 8.75 with 3:91 gears.
now for the reason of this thread.
I've put some street miles on car and it seems to run really good 1/4 throttle and over. under that i feel like it has a miss or sputter.not a ping maybe to rich ?? i did order a jet kit and acc pump cam kit so i can adjust if needed on dyno. im just wondering if any of you guys with the same or close combo's have had issues like mine and could point me in the right dirrection.

thanks

It is so much easier to adjust carbs with a wideband, you are almost crazy not to use one to dial in your jetting etc.

That's why it's going on dyno. I figured it would be easier then driving it up and down highway. And that way I could focus on the problem areas and not traffic.

That's why it's going on dyno. I figured it would be easier then driving it up and down highway. And that way I could focus on the problem areas and not traffic.

Got it. If you can get an idle vacuum reading, take that number and divide it by 2. That's the size power valve you can start with to see if it cleans up that off idle sluggishness.

-
Back