Glass Packs for resonators ??

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
I have a set of Big Boar ceramic coated dual chamber mufflers, they sound IMO great when I stomp it or even idling, but running down the highway at 70 the noise is not good, it's not drone just very loud, wondering if I were to install a set of small glass packs in the tailpipes like resonators would that quiet it down?? would they fit?? has anyone done this?? thanks

They will knock down some of the higher/louder tones just like they do as a single unit on the exhaust.

I had a friend with a p.o.s. Honda (Yikes I know) but he got rid of a lot of the buzzy sound by adding a resonator (glass pack) along with a normal turbo style muffler. Made the car sound a ton more civil while driving.

I have a short glasspack in each of my exhaust pipes just before the exit. Calms the noise a bit, takes the edge off.. This is addition to the mufflers.

If I want to run it with a bit more noise, I replace the short tailpipe with a different set that are just pipe.

Back in the early '70's , Scat Cat sold short glasspacs with Mopar style chrome tips to use as resonators. Worked great on my '70 Duster until one rusted off. Cut the other one off and Holy Crap was it loud without them. Using shorties worked for me!

I added Magnaflow straight thru mufflers to the tailpipes of my ebody, with regular turbo muffs ahead of the rear axle. Sound is good, no drone. I would say try it, they do make a difference.

Back in the early '70's , Scat Cat sold short glasspacs with Mopar style chrome tips to use as resonators. Worked great on my '70 Duster until one rusted off. Cut the other one off and Holy Crap was it loud without them. Using shorties worked for me!

You had rust in MN ?...lol

I had a 73 Dart Sport convertriple back in the late 70's in St Paul.
The springs shot up through the trunk floor at the rear shackles....
I rigged a stop sign post up to support the car and drove it another 2 yrs.
Then transplanted the engine into a 71 340 4speed , dual scoop , Go-wing Demon....

You had rust in MN ?...lol

I had a 73 Dart Sport convertriple back in the late 70's in St Paul.
The springs shot up through the trunk floor at the rear shackles....
I rigged a stop sign post up to support the car and drove it another 2 yrs.
Then transplanted the engine into a 71 340 4speed , dual scoop , Go-wing Demon....

More rust = lighter car = faster car. That's how we roll in MN. The springs go, the torsion bars go, instant low rider.

-
Back